Thursday, September 11, 2008

If I truly believed... Part One

I have been known to challenge my BLG girls with the question, " If you truly believed that God was all knowing and all present, how would that change the way your life looks right now?"

Now if you just read that question with your church glasses on it would be easy to miss the ramifications. Let me break it down for you...

"If you truly believed..." This means if you let the truth sink in past your knowledge stage and into your gut where you chew on it, mull it over, and then apply it. Not just holding it on your tongue to insert at the right moment in Sunday school kind of belief.

"...how would that change..." This implies that a wholehearted belief causes us to take action. When we are made aware of something we didn't know before, we ought to be compelled to make adjustments, rearrange things and walk a different way.

So if I truly believed that God knew what I was doing when I think no one can see...
Or if I truly believed that God could hear the thoughts going through my head about so and so...
If I truly believed that there is no secret life, no alter ego that remains private...
How would I be different?

Now chew on that for a moment and I will continue my story next time.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page