Sunday, September 07, 2008

Organic heaven

January of last year I blogged about my excitement when the first health food store opened about 10 minutes from our house. It was a Wild Oats and while I didn't get to shop there often due to budget, it was refreshing and enjoyable every time I could get in there. Now its closed.

The alternative that has opened to replace it is called Whole Foods. While I am anxious to go there and check it out, I am discouraged that it is even further away than Wild Oats was and I won't be able to just pop in there...ever. Its not in an area that I pass very often. Oh well. My goal is to head into the mob of curious shoppers tomorrow night as I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it. My friend Betsy says its heaven! Who could pass up a chance to see a little piece of Heaven?

3 comments:

Dana said...

if you liked Wild Oats, you are gonna LOVE Whole Foods! It's awesome! Only thing better is Trader Joes.
Hope you guys are doing well! Jeff and I were talking about the girls movie devo book the other day and it got me thinking about you! Good to hear/read your voice and see pics of your fam.
BTW - what is birdseed bread?

Bethany Gaddis said...

Hey there! Glad to hear from you. Is the devo book close to coming out? I bet all my entries are outdated by now.
Birdseed bread is a family tradition for many generations of putting Salas Seasoning on french bread. Its sooo good! Try it!
I just saw you had a blog so I am going to read it and catch up your life now too!
Take care!

Sam Davidson said...

Whole Foods is WAY better than Wild Oats. (FYI: Whole Foods actually owns Wild Oats and will be renaming all of them to Whole Foods soon.)

At any rate, b/c Whole Foods is bigger, prices are usually lower than you saw at Wild Oats. And the selection is better. It's well worth the drive!

Locations of visitors to this page