Monday, September 01, 2008

Pasta Night...again

Last night was one of those nights. I had intended to replenish the pantry but got carried away working on some photo editing stuff and before I knew it, it was dinner time. Two hungry boys were starring at me with expectant eyes and growling bellies. At one point the older of the two, my husband, finally asked, "so whats for dinner?" To which I energetically replied, "Pasta!" He just rolled his eyes. Whenever the cupboards are bare and a trip to the grocery store is a dream of the future, I can always fall back on making pasta for dinner. Its such a quick and basic dish for me to make that I often pull it out in crunch times like those. Typically I toss in a vegitable on the side, last night it was asparagus, and make some birdseed bread (a family tradition) and viola, dinner is served.

What is your basic meal when there just isn't anything left in the pantry?

In college I always made black bean and corn burritos.

4 comments:

Brian and Cherie Landowski said...

We almost always have spaghetti sauce or taco seasoning, so I guess either spaghetti or tacos.

Amanda said...

We NEVER buy anything extra, and each day is planned, so if it comes down to the last minute, the only thing in our pantry is usually pancakes.

The Herrenbrucks said...

Either cereal or yes, breakfast for dinner: usually have pancakes or eggs around! OR we do pasta a lot. Always have that. Had a blast with you this AM! Thank you, can't wait to see them!

David and Jen said...

Pasta or Tacos! Great for any night- quick and simple!

Locations of visitors to this page