Thursday, October 30, 2008

6/16

Some people are superstitious about numbers. I'm not but I am haunted by a number. It's 6 16.
Why is this significant? Well it's the date my older sister Tiffany was born and also the date that 12 years later she passed away. Whats haunting about it is that I see it everywhere. Daily I will catch it being 6:16 on a clock. Sometimes I will see it on a receipt from a purchase or on a license plate. I have seen it in addresses or in other random places. Its just interesting to me how this number sequence consistently "pops" up in my day. Makes me think of her, which is nice to know her memory will always be a part of my life.

How about you? Do you have a number that haunts you? Maybe it has significance or maybe it doesn't.

3 comments:

MOM said...

I also notice 6/16. I usually just smile and say HI to Tiffany and think about her. It is kind of a nice little touch but I had to grow into enjoying it. I, too, see the time and date and number is various places. I have learned to appreciate it but it took time.

Kari said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. 11:11. It seems like every time I look at the clock it's 11:11. It's freaky!

Amanda said...

202 and 222. Those were my track and cross country numbers. And they're both the same backwards, so they flip back and forth in my head and make me crazy. :)

Locations of visitors to this page