Friday, October 31, 2008

I voted

Nathan took his day off on Thursday rather than Friday this week due to the work he had to do for our church's Halloween festival tonight. So I dropped Jaxon off at school and we enjoyed a quiet morning at home complete with Starbucks and conversation. Jovie ended up only taking a short nap so we jumped in the car and headed over to our local "early voting" location and took advantage of our patriotic duty to VOTE! What a privilege. It took about 45 minutes to get inside to the booths and then we filled in all the ovals we cared about and viola, our votes were cast. It felt so good to be a part of something like voting. Having Jovie with us only reminded me that the vote I cast today effects her world too. So do it...get out there and do your part. VOTE! It matters.

I will however be so glad when all the campaigning is over with!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page