Sunday, October 26, 2008

Please pray

The economy crash is effecting a lot of people. The bubble burst in Naples before it became a nationwide issue. That is why my step dad couldn't find a job here. So when he found a job in his field in Phoenix, AZ he had to jump at the chance. They moved. It was hard on all of us but we knew it was best for them. Well I found out yesterday that my step dad was let go. He along with 8 other people that were laid off along with him, will be vying for a position in their field at another company that has one opening on Monday.

I can't help but be saddened by this. He sacrificed so much for that job and even in the last few months he was promised that his place was secure. While I'm sure the company was in a pinch, it just devastates me that despite what they said, he lost the job. Sure I am praying for him to find something else but the truth of the matter remains that I am mad. I want to be with them and I am across the country. I want my step dad to experience joy and contentment in knowing he is making the right choices for himself and his wife. I want my parents to enjoy their last 20-30 years here on earth. Not with stuff but without so much worry and doubt that life will ever feel normal again. But thankfully my mom has faith. She continues to say, "I am waiting to see what God is doing in all of this." As for me...I am a bundle of emotion.

Please pray for my mom and Bob. They have been on quite a roller coaster, as many of you longer blog readers know. In my opinion they deserve a respite. But then again it's not up to me...is it?

Guess I will just have to wait and see what God is doing in all of this.

1 comment:

bonnie said...

Remember that here are no coincidences in life. God places us where we need to be at just the right time. Even when things are difficult and we don't understand "why," we must remember He has a plan. It normally turns out much better in the end than expected. Have faith. And it is important that we pray for each other. Your mom and Bob are in our prayers.

Locations of visitors to this page