Sunday, November 02, 2008

Day light savings?

I haven't reaped the benefit of daylight savings in 3 years and 7 months. What used to be an extra hour to sleep has become utter chaos to my children's schedule. So instead of starting the day at 7:30am...we started at 6:30am. Then we have to hold off meals and other scheduled events to get them back on track. Try explaining to a 3 year old that time has changed and he can't watch TV yet even though he has been awake for 2 hours. Then try to keep a 7 month old up an hour longer when she has already held her head up for over 3 hours. Not fun. Of course I was smart enough to actually schedule a photo shoot this afternoon that I will be taking my kids with me to, so that the one nap they may or may not get today is likely to be cut short. Im an idiot. SIGH. Well I hope the rest of you are enjoying the extra rest. At least it's not pitch dark when we get up in the morning anymore. That was kind of confusing.

2 comments:

MOM said...

Come to arizona - they don't observe daylight savings here so we don't have this flip flop of time every spring and fall. One good thing, we are now only 2 hours apart instead of 3.

The Herrenbrucks said...

yeah, hope didn't get the fact that we were going to sleep an extra hour!!! Ha ha!

Locations of visitors to this page