Thursday, November 20, 2008

Goodbye Walgreens


I have learned that I am a trusting person. Especially when it comes to businesses. I always believe that the price they are quoting me is the same as everywhere else. I know, I'm an idiot.

I always had our prescriptions from doctors sent to our nearby Walgreens. Not anymore. Too many times I would go there and the prescriptions wouldn't be ready. Too many times I would drive back later in the day and it would still not be ready. Too many times I would go three or more times in a series of 2 days and they would still say it will take just 20 minutes more. Well after my last problem with them I complained to our pediatrician. She suggested I try out the new Sunshine Pharmacy about a mile from my house. She had heard great things about it. So we did. Nathan tells me it's awesome. Its quaint, neighborly and most importantly...cheaper. Basic meds have been $2.70 cheaper than what we were paying before. Some stories I have heard about people taking their prescriptions there end with them paying 1/2 what they used to. Anyway, all that to say, if you go to Walgreens or CVS or the grocery store pharmacy and there is a Sunshine Pharmacy nearby, it is well worth the switch!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love Sunshine.

Bethany, spread the news... they are hosting trees for us this year for the "Be a Santa to a Senior" program.

www.beasantatoasenior.com

It is basically like Toys for Tots, but for senior citizens. This year we will be helping 1,100 seniors between Naples, and Ft. Myers.

Sunshine is the best...

Amanda said...

Wow, thank you so much for the tip. Now that I have a prescription again. Boo.

Brian and Cherie Landowski said...

Good to know. I have had great experiences before with CVS and I thought maybe it was just the Walgreens I used to go to that was horrible. I guess they all are! lol...Well, I think Sunshine Pharmacy might be Christian owned and operated too. I'm not positive on that, but I think it is.

Locations of visitors to this page