Wednesday, January 14, 2009

9 months and counting

Today Jovie had her 9 month visit to the DR. Its hard to believe she is already 9.5 months old. In just 2.5 months she will be eating cake!!! And another thing, how come 9 months after the child is born flies by but the 9+ months of being pregnant felt like 6 years? Maybe that's just me. Anyway, here are her stats:

Weight: 20 lbs
(75th percentile- in other words out of 100 babies she ranks in the top 25-aka she's big)

Height: 27 inches
(25th percentile- in other words out of 100 babies she ranks in the bottom 25-aka she is short)
Here she is pictured with Dr. Dudley our pediatrician. Unbeknowst to me, Dr D snuck Jovie a cookie before the picture. If you know me at all, you know I would NOT have let that happen but as you can see I was too late. Of course she loved it!

She started army crawling but she isn't sold on the idea of full movement yet. She loves to stand up or ride around in her jeep. She can also sit herself up. She prefers finger food to baby food so we are trying to keep things balanced by giving both equally. Of course she sleeps 12-13 hours a night (has since she was 10 weeks old). She has the most beautiful smiles and always gets complimented on her blue eyes. I can see the beginnings of mommy clinginess but nothing full blown yet. She has two teeth on bottom and 4 on top which she loves to grind together (its like nails on a chalkboard to me). I learned an interesting fact about that today: 85% of kids grind their teeth. That is more common than I realized. None the less I hope she gets over it soon b/c it makes me cringe. She still has a wonderful disposition and makes life easier for us...well...most of the time.

Your turn:
How much did your baby weigh at 9 months?
Did you or your kids grind their teeth?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I started grinding my teeth after I had braces. I think my chiropractor said something about how braces change the shape of your skull or something...and it causes jaw issues.

I'm glad Jovie got a cookie! It's pretty bad when a doctor is less of a stickler than you are. :-p

Brian and Cherie Landowski said...

I don't remember ever grinding my teeth...and about the weight thing, I don't know I don't have any kids yet :). But I was 11 pounds when I was born so I guarantee I was well over 20 pounds by 9 months! Although I think I was 21 inches at birth too. I was tall and fat, I know weird lol.

Christina said...

thats my pediatrician..or was..i haven't seen her in forever. I also have Dr.Shepard! I was in Dr.Dudley's arms at that age! WOW! MEMORIES! Shes so cute. Jovie is one in a million if you ask me!

Locations of visitors to this page