Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stages

Jaxon has been wearing underwear for a long time now but he wasn't quite ready to go all night without a pull up until now. Actually I probably could have forced it sooner but I didn't. Anyway, for the last few weeks he hasn't had so much as a trickle in his pull ups and when he wakes up in the morning he just goes into the bathroom attached to his room and goes potty. Then he sets up his drum at the base of his dresser, gets some underwear and pants and puts them on before he settles in to play in his room until its time to get up (usually 7am). Then we come in and find him as content as could be and start the day. Its been really cool to watch him go through the stages. So I decided to test the no pull up thing last night and it went great! He is such a big boy.

Jovie is now walking with a walker and cruising on the furniture. She crawls but prefers to walk and stand. Next week I plan on getting rid of Jovie's pacifier. I don't think she is as addicted to it as Jaxon was so it should go well. For a reminder of how Jaxon's transition went go HERE and read the comments for the days events.

All in all I feel like my kids are going through so many stages right now. Wow, they really do grow up so fast.

1 comment:

Brian and Cherie Landowski said...

That picture of Jovie is adorable! She has the cutest little smile. They do grow up way too fast. Of course I don't have kids of my own to see it every day but I see how fast other people's kids seem to grow up. Like even the youth, when I first moved here Katelin Rooney and Mary and all those kids were in 6th grade and now they're juniors in High School! Oh and some of the kids I used to watch in nursery up north are so much older now too. It is definitely crazy how fast they grow up.

Locations of visitors to this page