Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tips for saving money

There are a lot of ways to save a little cash by making an extra effort. I don't have time or a subscription to cut coupons from newspapers so I find my own ways to get the most for my dollar.

Here are a few ideas for you:
1. Ketchup. Most of us use it. You can get extra packets from fast food restaurants but also if you have places like 5 guys where you can pump it into little containers, its more fresh tasting.
2. No matter where you are eating, always get a to-go cup and fill it with your favorite beverage (coke, tea, etc) to take home. I suggest no ice so it doesn't get watery. Also if you don't plan to drink it within 24 hours change the cup if its paper b/c it starts to break down and leak in the fridge.
3. If you go to a restaurant and get bottomless anything, get a to-go version before you leave. We do this a lot at Chili's with their chips and salsa. It keeps well and we love munching on them for days.
4. Split meals or eat off the children's menu. Nathan and I don't eat alike so we aren't good at the meal split but Jaxon and I often share something from the children's menu and it saves a ton of food and money being wasted.
5. Use canvas bags at WHOLE FOODS or places like it and get a discount on your groceries as a THANK YOU for helping the planet.

I will try to remember more but for now...share your money saving tips!

PS lying and stealing are not an option.

2 comments:

Brian and Cherie Landowski said...

I do all my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart except for meat. They have the cheapest prices and the food is just as good! Plus it really helps if you plan out a menu and figure out what you already have so you don't end up forgetting something or getting something you already had. Kraft.com has some great recipes I've used and I'm sure they've got some for vegetarians.

bonnie said...

Lysol cleaning wipes can be used to clean glass and doesn't leave any streaks. So you don't have to buy glass cleaner. The wipes can be used for both...wiping countertops, etc off as well as mirrors and glass! You also save on paper towels!

Locations of visitors to this page