Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Every once in a while...

Most of the time I feel like a failure as a mother. But every once in awhile something that I thought was going in one ear and out the other, finds its way to the surface in what turns out to be a heart melting encounter. Like it did yesterday.

Jaxon, Jovie and I were all playing in Jax's room. Most of the time I let them work out their issues but when he was playing cars and Jovie decided she wanted to play with the car that was in his hand instead of the 20 that were strewn around the room, I stepped in.

Me: "No Jovie. That's Jaxon's toy."
Jaxon: "No, mommy it's God's toy. We can share it."

I could have wept it was so sweet. I swept him up in a big hug instead and told him I was proud of his loving attitude.

3 comments:

MOM said...

I love that kid ... you never know your impact on others until something like this happens!

G/Pa said...

Can they get any cuter?

Can't wait to see them............SOON!

Love,
GPa

The Herrenbrucks said...

what a rewarding moment :) praise the Lord that he seeks out even the youngest little ones :)

Locations of visitors to this page