Monday, February 16, 2009

Trip to Cali day #2- Jordan

When I got to my sister's house I met Jordan for the first time.

He has quite the story. His parents are meth (among other drugs) addicts. They are homeless as well. They have had two children prior to him and have lost both to the county due to their inability to care for them. So when he came along my sister, who has been on a foster care/adoption list for awhile, was called up. He was born January 20th and my sister and Luanne were in the NICU with him the entire weekend while the parents spent 20 minutes with him. He has visits with his birth parents 3x a week for 1 hour each but lives full time with my sis and Luanne. On February 24th the courts will decide where he will live permanently. My heart has been breaking over the past few days thinking of all the obstacles he will have to overcome b/c his parents were selfish (insert mean word here). He is doing well despite his inherited disadvantages. So I would like to introduce my potential nephew Jordan (no middle name yet) Beck-Clark.

1 comment:

Brian and Cherie Landowski said...

Aww, he is soo precious! I really hope your sister is able to adopt him.

Locations of visitors to this page