Thursday, March 12, 2009

A day in the life of a showgirl

Its strange to see myself this way but for the past 4 days I have been switching back and forth between the stay at home mom hat I usually wear and a showgirl's headdress. Its been quite the whirlwind. I spend most of the day getting groceries, driving to and from Jaxon's school, doing laundry, and playing with the kids. Then its like a switch goes off and I become a glamorous diva from Las Vegas for a few hours. When I get home I can't sleep right away so I usually catch up on DVR shows and don't get to bed until 12am or so. Then its up early the next day to do it all over again. Its been really fun and it has stretched me a great deal.
Here is what I am learning about myself:
- I love being on stage.
- I don't get nervous about acting in front of a large crowd of people (singing is another story).
- I don't know how to do make-up (I don't even know where it goes).
- I can dance in heels...sort of.
- I don't care what other people think. I only care about what my husband thinks.
- There is more that I can't really put words to yet.

Overall I am proud of myself for doing something so out of the box (for me). I am having a blast and I am so grateful for the opportunity.

Thank You Naples Philharmonic and the Pops goes Vegas cast (from Indiana) for allowing me this time to shine!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethany,

Not bad, not bad, at all.

It is good to not buy in to normal and reach out of your normal zone.

Atleast now you can to the resume, I have been a showgirl. Makes one more versitle.

Love,
DAD

Locations of visitors to this page