Monday, March 02, 2009

Have you ever thought about writing?

I got to swap hugs with my friend Cathy last night at church and she shared with me that she loves to read my blog. She asked if I had ever thought about doing any writing. I had to chuckle b/c I have many times and I feel like maybe in a different life, I would have done more.

I learned that I love to write while in college trying to sound brilliant for 20+ pages in my theology essays. I did some bible study and devotional writing for Lifeway shortly after graduation and for a woman's devo book called "Chick Flicks: devotionals for girls who like movies." I even (before blogs) had an email club that people signed up for to receive email devotionals from me every day called "Daily Bread." I loved it. I got to spend time studying and then putting together thoughts on how to live a more authentic life. It was so theraputic and challenging! But since then a few things have changed. Two kids later I can't seem to find the time to sit down and study let alone formulate an articulate summary of what I was learning. I started a blog by having important things to say and now it has become a hodge-podge of family updates, photography samples, and links to people smarter and cooler than me. But that is where I am at right now.

Maybe down the road I will be able to write again. I have thought about several book ideas over the years but none of them have really been given the time and attention they deserve. So we shall see.

But along that vein, the conversation I had last night prompted me to go back into the data bases and find some of my old material. The following post is one from the archives- A series I will run on this blog from time to time.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hi Bethany!

I just wanted to let you know that I always enjoy reading your blog. I was a HUGE fan of True Vibe back in the day, and when I googled the members to find out what they might be up to music-wise nowadays, I found Nathan's blog and then found yours. Reading your blog always enlightens me or makes me smile. I do believe you have a gift for writing, and I know God will allow you to use that gift for whatever you want to do. I'm a bookworm, also, so if you write a book, I guarantee you I'll buy it. :)

Jessica Parsons

MOM said...

Yes, I have written several short stories (tried to get one published but no luck) and several poems. Helped a boyfriend in college write a song even ... now I don't even write in my journal!!!

Locations of visitors to this page