Saturday, May 02, 2009

my birthday week- Friday

Friday we woke up at the Port of Miami. I thought my surprises were over but I still had one more to go. Thinking ahead, Nathan figured that b/c we had been so "on the go" at all of the islands we visited, we might need a slow day to transition back to real life. So he booked another hotel for the night and we stayed in Miami. We couldn't check in until 3pm so we headed to a Starbucks, unpacked the books and settled in for a morning of reading, writing, and relaxing with breakfast and coffee in hand. We spent about 2.5 hours there and then took a chance by heading to the hotel to see if they could give us beach access. Even though we weren't checked in yet, they gave us beach passes. They also had free wi fi so that is where I sent most of the past blogs about the trip from- in the lobby of our hotel. After that we sat in the blazing sun again and played in the rolling waves for even more hours at the beach, as if we weren't tan enough. We went back to the hotel, checked in, showered up and enjoyed the beautiful coolness of our room while watching some "Dog Whisperer."

Interesting show I had never seen before. I was craving Mexican food so we used the Iphone app "urban spoon" to locate a good place for dinner and it led us to El Rancho Grande in North Beach Miami. It was delicious! Nathan said it was the best fajitas he has ever had. I devoured my California burrito and most of the chips and salsa- maybe that was b/c I hadn't eaten since Starbucks that morning. After dinner we went back to the store I was yanked out of the dressing room of (remember my Sunday story?) so I could finish trying on the clothes I liked there. Bought a few shirts then back to the hotel for an evening conversation and quiet time with my man by the pool. I am so in awe of how lucky I am to have him by my side for the rest of my life. Tomorrow we go home...Am I ready?

Pictures courtesy of my Iphone.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love that show The Dog Whisperer. Nothing like some Cesar Milan to get you in the mood for some Mexican. :)

Locations of visitors to this page